Monday 2 June 2014

Beetle pic

Off topic, but it's my blog! Digging through old photos today. My first car - 1972 1200 Beetle. After respray, probably when it was at it's best. The start of it all I guess... With hindsight, would have benefited from manual choke, even after I had a 1600 van engine put in!! But apart from that, was sound as a pound. Did countless meets in her. Was at the first EVER Bug Jam at Santa Pod in '87, pretty sure was there in '88 as well, Stonor, Malvern I think. Peppercorn rings a bell - no idea where that was. Convoy down to Worthing. Seemed like forever at the time, but think only ran her for a couple of years. Three perhaps. Never did run to the sun though. Great memories! Late 1985 to Late 1988 I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.