Friday 29 November 2013

Definately CH Gasket!

As the picture below shows, I have found my problem!! Multiple problems in fact.



As well as the gasket being blown between 2 and 3, oil also seemed to have been getting through the gasket and into the cylinders. It undid far too easily (compared to when pulling it the first time) I think because I didn't re-torque it, either warm or after the first 100 miles, it has loosened. Especially on the side where the rocker gear is also clamped down. Hopefully that is just me being dumb. So....

New CH Gasket ordered, torque wrench bought. Also will use a bit of Hylomar Red this time. Seems to be an accepted thing to do on old, non performance cars.

Stu managed to remove the sheared bolt with mole grips, so that problem is resolved. May get the head skimmed whilst I am at it too.

Refit when ready. Should only be off the road a couple of weeks tops.. If lucky!

New car arrives at the weekend, Becky.. An '03 reg Citroen C3 with 107,000 miles on the clock. Into frying pan.....???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.