Saturday 9 November 2013

Fan belt .. needs a tweak

Mentioned a fair few posts ago that the fan belt looked loose. As the weather has got colder, I get a slight squeal on coast down. I am assuming that this is the belt. Although having said that, it doesn't seem to go away when the engine is fully warmed either. But it is loose. Have felt that for a while. So....

Tried to adjust this morning, can I shift the bolt? No.!!!!

Oh well. One more thing that I need to look at more closely. Thought THAT would be simple!!

Engine is still not quite right. Still pretty sure that it is Air / Fuel issues. When revving, all sounds solid and as it should be. It just seems that on constant revs, be-it idle or cruising, there seems to be hesitation.

Having choke out a bit solves the problem, but then idle revs are too high, so I am guessing it is further mixture fiddling!

The guy I bought the car from said that the first three months were the "hump" to get over.

As much as she is running OK, I am at a bit of a low point and wondering if it was such a good idea after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.