Wednesday 9 July 2014

3rd Brooklands ACCC Meeting - Mixed bag

Funny really.. no pictures this time - it was raining cats and dogs and a relatively miserable evening weather-wise. But to the point, I don't drive Amy in the rain, certainly not heavy rain. Taking her out is driven quite obsessively around the weather report!! Yesterday was marred by heavy showers which were supposed to die out mid-evening. I had decided that if the rain eased then I would go, if it showed no signs of stoppping then I probably wouldn't.

Initiate sods law.... Rain duly died back and stopped by around 7.45. Off I went, filled up with petrol and off to Brooklands. By around Ascot the rain had started again. By Virginia Water it was tipping down! Bit of a bugger, but no big deal really. Until Byfleet .... driver side windscreen wiper just stopped working, couldn't see much, tentatively crawled the last couple of miles to Brooklands with my nose up to the windscreen!!

Once there, of course plenty of folks to ask about my new windscreen wiper issue. And how simple! Discovered that the wipers are on a plain spindle with a "compression joint" type arrangement holding on the wiper arms. Just a case of re-positioning and tightening!! Fixed.

And the rain stopped .. so didn't care!!

On the flip side, I spanked her on the way home, main road route, fair amount of dual carriageway. Extended runs of 50mph plus. All good, running very smooth. Feel I need to open her up a bit before I can really lay the head gasket issue to rest. 50 - 55 is definitely top speed, but that's reasonable.

And sounds like I should be able to get my seats fitted in Sept, been introduced to a chap that is happy to do that for me, so looking forward to that, because that will bring the interior up to snuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.