Wednesday 14 January 2015

Finally - to bed

First ACCC meeting of the year last night, weather pretty horrendous. Windy, cold, rainy - not conducive to driving Amy at all. Snow predicted sometime soon, likely icy roads. Storms, weather warnings blah blah blah... But last night it was SUPPOSED to remain relatively dry into the late evening, so decided to drive Amy anyway. Took a picture at last, especially as I got the prime spot right outside this time!



The weather DID hold out as forecast, it was quite a pleasant evening's drive and was able to show the guy I bought the car from the new seats, as he was the one that put me in touch, nice to show the improvements.



Also one of the other chaps had two full boxes of unopened NOS headlight bulbs, Lucas authorised spares, which he was happy to distribute amongst us. Unbelievable, the boxes look brand new!  Period artwork also makes them quite interesting, not just simply as spares.


The drive home wasn't quite as pleasant - freezing! I was shivering most of the way back as the temperatures had dipped down to 3° and I hadn't put a warm enough coat on. But found it kind of amusing, the "heater" at least brought the temperature up a little bit!

Then to close off, I have now put Amy away for a few weeks, I have a garage space available to me, and now back at work with the weather set to be so cold for quite a while, I figured it made sense to now take advantage of that, plus with Amy now being inside, I won't be so worried about the old girl!


Not sure how long the lay up will last, certainly needs to be gotten out for a drive at least once a month, but I may only get her back out again proper in March, Austin Morris day at Brooklands may be a suitable date for that.


1 comment:

  1. Now you know the reason for all those adverts in the back of old car magazines. Sheepskin car coats, trilby hats and driving gloves! Winter motorists of the 50's all looked like Arthur Daley. Nice to see Amy has been put out of harms way for a while, as I write the weather outside as is brutal.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.