Saturday 30 May 2015

MPG Update - slight change for the better

Thanks to a comment today, I rechecked my calculations as it WAS niggling me slightly. I added up the journey distances since last fill and divided by the number of Gallons that I just had to put in to fill up again. I'd missed one journey off.

Rechecked it still comes out at a not great 22mpg, but at least that's what it was before. 20mpg did feel far too bad!

I am sure I WAS getting 25mpg at one point, which was acceptable in my mind, so good call to check for further leaks. I'll try to put it back in the garage maybe for a week or so. That was the only way I was able to spot the previous leak, so if there is anything there still, being in a closed environment might highlight it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.