Saturday 4 October 2014

Temporary seat and bad news about proper seats


The good news is that the Nissan seat should do the trick. I plopped it in the car today and the general dimensions are fine, and once it has been raised by the couple of layers of wood then height should be OK too. So I have just lashed up a frame for it, and when the rain dies off, hopefully last step is to bolt it into place. Weather is atrocious so won't be doing a test run today!


The bad news is that I had a call about the seat covers which are being fitted. They always looked exactly the same, I assumed that they were meant to be. Unfortunately I have bought two sets of seat base covers. Just didn't realize, visually it looked kind of OK, but the seats chap phones this morning to confirm. He can make seat backs to match, he's going to work out how much, but my guess is that I wont be able to afford that.

Also I have seat base covers that I can now sell on, but they are ONLY the seat bases, so not worth as much as they were as a whole set. Oh well... Not a disaster, I'm still a step forwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.