Monday 24 November 2014

And they're in!! Brilliant

Slid the seats back in over lunch today, and had a drive around of course! They look absolutely great and just as comfortable as they were. Of course paranoid about rivets on jeans now etc etc..! But very happy indeed!! Just to compare easily the previous situation, the difference is clear!!:

 
 
Now, jobs that NEED doing?... None really. If Amy stayed exactly as - is and ran the same, then I don't think I'd touch anything at all. Thermostat? Yeah suppose I should after all of the research. Electric Ignition? Again suppose I should, since I bought the damn thing! Exhaust Manifold? The repair is fine.
 
 
Started relatively easily after over a week under cover from constant rain. Soaked in dew and pretty cold. She runs pretty nice once warm, not confident of long journeys, but do I really care?
 
 
I may get around to these things, but as I mentioned before, she's a fairweather occasional car now, so happy! And a good build up of memories, my son recalled breaking down at the end of the road in the early days today as we tootled off to Tescos this evening!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.