Friday 22 July 2016

New coil fitted - simulated drive seems OK

Despite being a bit frustrated the other day, I have to take into account a couple of things. It was the hottest day of the year and actually the hottest day I can remember for quite sometime. Once I had given up trying to start from broken down and had been towed home, that was additonal time and a nice cooling airflow. So still hopeful of an electrical issue, and still pinning hopes on the coil.

New one arrived today and of course an easy job to fit. Amy started fine (as usual - never had a problem from cold, so that proves nothing).  Also previously I had left her ticking over on the driveway for 10 minutes with no trouble either, so I wanted to try to simulate a drive as best I could with some high revs, constant medium revs, tickover, the up again etc etc...

With no moving air except for the fan, the water temperature reached a nice high level (still acceptable) and I ran her this way for a fair time. Certainly enough to simulate a work and back trip. A bit more really.

No issue. So on the face of it, seems OK. But of course I am nervous about it. It could still be something else that doesnt "trip" except under actual driving conditions. (bumping about more, being thrown from side to side, a different issue caused by the different stresses and strains of road driving??) A new condenser should arrive in the next couple of days. I wont automatically fit that, I want to get out and about for a proper drive as stated. But I want to tee up someone to tow me if needed this time, just in case!

We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.