Monday 29 August 2016

And to round off the day - Head Gasket 4!!

Well, at the time of doing the last head gasket, I didnt expect it to last and it was a bog standard one, so to cap off all my niggles, I confirmed that the head gasket has also gone.

Some of the misbehaving I hadn't mentioned on the journey home was some rough running, and a bit noisy. (over and above actually breaking down there was also poorer than normal acceleration and a background noise that I couldn't put my finger on at the time)

For some reason it was nagging at me so I checked compression. 2 & 3 ZERO compression. Head Gasket failure strikes again!!!

Took me about an hour to tear down the top end. Bit of clean up and refit with the reinforced head gasket that I have had laying around waiting to be used for nearly 2 and a half years.. so wont complain too much. Roughly 3,500 miles since the last one and combination of other issues plus really hot weather just got too much I guess.

So -

  1. Head gasket is easy, will probably have that done during the evenings this week
  2. Some electrical spares needed, no problem. 
  3. Still seems like I have poor fuel flow  to fix
    (may mean removing the fuel tank)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.