Monday 29 August 2016

Littlewick Green Show 2016 - Not all Roses

Well... We were all ready to go and set off with show pass in place.

Usual light buff to make her as shiny as possible and set off at 9.00am so as to arrive on time.




Hmpfff... well so much for the having fixed the problem.

Half way to the above mentioned show Amy coasted to another gentle stop and refused to start agan.

No visible spark, DEFINATELY!!.

So we sat by the side of the road for an hour, teasingly facing the way we wanted to go, but unable to do so.

Maybe I did have multiple intermittent electrical problems as well as fuel problems.  As of typing this entry, the breakdown man was coming waiting to see what he could do

RAC was man fab. Short story is that he spent 3 hours fixing Amy and I was able to progress. Points were iffy - he did a job on them to clean them up. (I should have done that) Still nothing, changed coil back for old one, still nothing. Changed condensor - she fired. Re-fitted the new coil, nothing. Put the old coil back on she ran!! Hurrah. So the theory is that the condenosr was breaking down, which was knackering the points and causing my coil to fail. The new coil masked that for a while but then gave up the ghost. The points being bad would probably not have caused a breakdown on their own, but put the whole sorry mess together and well.. That;s where we are at. I now have a shopping list. New coil (again), new spare condensor and two new sets of points. One to replace the old ones, one spare.

Anyway set off again for the show, stopped half way in Waltham St Lawrence for a nice picture.


Finally got to Littlewick Green Show 4 hours later that intended!!










Some show shots, including, WOW another Somerset Coupe. They are pretty rare and I know one guy with one, well now I know another!!




Finally, I NEARLY bought one of these. Happy with the Somerset, I am sure I would have been equally so if I had got a Cambrige. This was the same year as my Somerset, so one of the first Cambridges.







Postscript: Broke down AGAIN on way home, back to a FUEL issue, fuel line blocked AGAIN, cleared it AGAIN, got home. But all in all a slightly frustrating day, albeit, nice to get a show under our belt!! Work still to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.