Wednesday 12 October 2016

MPG update - rough guess

Just trying to get a feel for MPG now that I have put the electronic ignition in.

It's a bit of guesswork at the moment, as I really need to fill up, run 200 miles or so and then re-fill to check properly.

But after emptying the tank and refitting, I know I have put in approx 12 gallons. She is on half full so that means 4 gallons left and that means I must have used around 8 gallons since re-fitting!!!

I re-set the trip meter after doing the head gasket and did approx 25 - 30 miles before taking the tank off. As of last night getting home, the trip meter is showing c. 220.

Taking off the 30 miles prior to the tank emptying, roughly speaking that means 190 miles on 8 gallons which is about.....

24 mpg

That's mid range of what I got before, so as a rough guide that tells me things must be in reasonable shape! (I never expected electronic ignition to suddenly give me 30 mpg!!!)

Just proves it must be in the right sort of area, and hopefully a bit of further tweaking will get me running smooth again and hopefully proper checking will give better results!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.