Thursday 13 October 2016

Small off season project - Austin Badge

The badge at the top of my grille is in rather poor condition. Over 60 years old so what do you expect? The  plastic has loads of hairline cracks running all over it, so it is not even a case of trying to patch up the colours, the damage is irreparable.

You can get brand new repro ones, but that would probably look too perfect.

At the Sepctember ACCC meet I was kindly given an old one from the Somerset Coupe owner I know. He has a better one on his Coupe and this old one was also in poor shape, but unlike mine the only issue is the painting. The plastic hasnt got the same cracking that mine has.

So I have stripped it right back to start with:

 Need a keen eye, a steady hand and some silver, red and black paint...!! We'll see how it turns out. Hopefully a worthy replacememt for mine when I have finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.