Wednesday 12 April 2017

*Now Sold* 1954 Austin A40 Somerset for Sale

I will not delete this post as it is a personal record, but I have now dated it 12th April, which is when she was listed for Sale @£3,795 - that was when things got moving.

This post was created some time ago and pinned to the top of this Blog, but as of this update (18th April) - Amy has now been Sold

See below for sale details, kept for posterity:

I mentioned in a post over a year ago that I would probably reach my Classic Car Journey's end in 2016.

That was written in 2015 and the reasons I listed then remained sound, just delayed the decision by a year!!

I didn't get to enough shows in 2016 for my liking so I at least wanted to attend the Brooklands Austin Morris day one last time. For a strange reason I also want to see the mileage tick over to 40,000 before parting ways. But truthfully I was probably just finding excuses to put it off now.

I paid £3250 for her getting on for 4 years ago. Lot of work done, which is documented very openly in this blog, and she is a better car for it, the only deterioration/concern for me is the bodywork, some bubbles have got bigger and will need some cosmetic attention if she continues to be kept outside. Probably OK to be left as-is if she gets a garage to live in. Also lots of useful spares that I either already got with her in the first place, or collected over time. (set of front brakes i.e. drums, shoes, cylinders, back plates, springs etc, crown & pinion, inlet manifold, short engine (turns over), cylinder head with small crack but confirmed suitable for unleaded conversion, all other parts except valves to make a complete engine, gear box unknown condition, fuel pump, original distributor and new points , cap and condenser for refurbishing, new and original coils, original dynamo for refurbishment if preferred. Spare gaskets, bulbs) Also probably some less useful spares!! Rusty old front bumper, bonnet and boot lid, wheels, rusty old hub cap!!

Original service manual, Cassell's Book of the A40, and DVLA history from 1974, plus some other Austin memorabilia also willing to sell with the car,

(quick reference of the work I have done can be seen on the About Amy page and link to Flickr album of lots of photos is here ).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.