Monday 17 April 2017

Amy's Last Night

As with my purchase of Amy, I won't mention any personal details of the buyer, but in summary someone viewed Amy today and made an offer, which I accepted. Weirdly enough, same as with the person who I bought her from, this guy also had another Somerset and is a member of the Austin Counties. Strange sense of circularity in that.

Amy is a better, more solid car than when I bought her, but cosmetically she had started to deteriorate. Her restoration was done over 20 years ago, so not surprising. Therefore I was satisfied to recoup some of my money invested in her, but didn't expect to gain all of that back. That wasn't the point. I had a GREAT time with her, and what price can you put on that enjoyment and what other type of vehicle can you expect to buy and be able to sell 3½ years later for roughly the same money?

So all in all I am very pleased. I didn't enjoy the  time wasters so much - there were a fair few! But I also had a couple of  nice chats and exchanges too. Finally the chap eventually buying the car was also very pleasant to deal with and, reading between the lines, I suspect he's going to get her bodywork fixed up. I'd love to see her in the future to see how she turns out. That will put her up into the next bracket.

I guess that I won't really see her again, but a nice thought though!!

But on a sadder note, tonight is probably to be her last night with me.

And there is just enough rain around to seem like tears!

Won't be getting the White Lion and Pinewood double header in after all, c'est la vie! She should be paid for and picked up by the end of tomorrow and that's where the story ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.