Tuesday 18 April 2017

Amy's Last Day

After small touch of rain yesterday evening, I woke up to a beautiful sunny Spring day this morning. In theory today is Amy's last day with me. She should be on her way by tonight, so unless anything changes, today is my last driving day - and what lovely weather for it. I just COULDN'T let Halfords be her last trip!


So she's done the School run first thing this morning around 8:15. Sunny shot outside St. Crispin's School, which of course embarrassed my daughter because all the kids walking in at the same time were looking!

Slightly different weather to the last time she was pictured outside the 1950's School.

(it was built around the same year that she rolled off the production line)

Then taking in the view at the office one last time around 10 minutes later. Away from the modern tat this time - standing out on her own! I pictured her there again, despite saying that a couple of weeks ago it would be the last picture at work! Of course I was never going to resist one more shot - my daily driver (sort of) to the last! 


Figured I'd at least take a different angle for the last one and catch the Spring blossom and the glorious blue skies.


Then lunchtime came, by which time Amy had been paid for and I suppose technically no longer mine. So I took it a little early and made a scenic "memory lane" route home with pictures on the way.

Stopped at Popes Meadow, where she has been before to walk the dog, but not pictured there. I had made a point of picturing her wherever she went pretty much, so I was glad that I remembered that I had missed this one. That fills the gap!


Then a last journey home picture in the fields around town, this where I took her for a Christmas jaunt back in 2015. Same place as then, just taken facing homeward bound.


Went into town, where she has lived for nearly 4 years to take a couple of pictures there too. An updated Broad Street picture, where I recreated an old picture from 1955 a couple of years ago.


And did another last circuit of town to see if I could get a shot outside of the Town Hall in Wokingham. The space was blocked by a bus and a car on first pass, but free the second time around! This on the other side to where I had pictured her on Boxing Day just gone. The archways used to house fire trucks back in the day when they were horse-drawn! Very historic building, way before Amy was made.


And then home again (no, no need for another shot of her in the same place on the driveway AGAIN, just because its the "last time arriving home"!). But there IS a last shot of the Speedo! It shows that I did an extra 100 miles or so after she ticked over the 40,000 target, that also confirms that I have done just over 5,000 miles behind her wheel (she had about 35,100 showing when I got her, and she has just over 40,100 showing now) So that appeals to my nature that I definitely did 5,000+ miles in her:



Just waiting for her to be picked up and taken away now, can't drive her now as the insurance company confirmed that now the car has been paid for, my insurance is not valid for driving any longer. So I just have to look at her sitting on the driveway until then. ;-(


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.