Thursday 30 March 2017

Trying to tell me something, Amy? Flat Tyre!

I think she's telling me that she doesn't want to go anywhere. Hiding in the corner looking all sweetness and light!

In all the time I have had Amy, I have only had to re-inflate the tyres once. Even then I think they weren't really low. Yesterday I took some additional pictures of Amy for a prospective buyer, but noticed that one of her tyres was quite flat.

I got the pump out, expecting that it was just a lack of attention on my part and pumped back up, only to hear a constant pshhhhhhhhhhh........ Can you believe it? A puncture.

So it was the relay unit for the flashers the other day and a puncture now. Niggles!!! Anyway, she's not getting the better of me. Spare wheel on, new inner tube ordered and get that done at the weekend. Cranky old bird!!!

On the flip side, great excuse to take her out for a drive in the sun today, just to see if the spare tyre affected the handling much (it's different to the others, but there was no discernible effect) Went to the pertol station, topped up, drove around town a bit. Nice.... Maybe she can stay... hmmmmm....!!! Things always look different in Spring / Summer.

But no, she's got to go. It wont be practical after no.1 son has passed his test. Still a while to go for that, so no rush, but.......

Edit: New tube ordered, received and fitted within the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.