Saturday 24 September 2016

Amy's history

I applied to the DVLA a few weeks ago to find out where Amy had been. Got some really interesting stuff. Not everything, because they only had centralised records from mid 70's. But it gave me some good info. I have to contact Middlesex if I want older info.

But it was still really interesting. It has enabled me to update some of the info on the About Amy page.

Supporting the restoration date that I had guessed at from an old newspaper I found under the spare wheel, the paperwork confirmed that she was originally Sandringham Fawn and resprayed Green in 1995. So still partially assuming the respray was one of the final acts of a restoration, but 20 years ago seems a fair estimation of when it was done.

Good timing as I was only thinking about that a day or so ago in relation to my fuel blockage issues. Even if the petrol tank was cleaned out then, that's still a while and since the gauze was still in there, then maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.