Sunday 25 September 2016

Another 15 non stop - tweaks, last steps.

Adjusted timing a little, a bit further advanced. That has made an improvement. Tickover now very nice, acceleration solid, cruising smoother.

Did 15 non-stop, trouble free miles again, just aimlessly around and about. Lots of bitty twisting and turning, but also some nice straight runs to open her up a bit.

Seeming OK so far, ordered a new set of plugs. Shame not to replace them seeing as everything else ignition wise has been replaced. Pop them in this week.

Now I just need to bolt the tank back in and fix the fuel sender so my gauge works again and we are back to normal!! As much as suggestions about further tank cleaning and sealing have been made, I have lost the inclination to do anything more than I have. Hopefully all good, certainly I've done as much if not more than some folks I have talked to would bother with, keep my fingers crossed on that front!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.