Thursday 8 September 2016

Fuel issues possibly identified and fixed

Fuel starvation was definitely one of my issues, wasn't sure the exact cause, but am reluctant to take the tank out when it may not  be needed. I spotted two things that could have contributed (and explained why I could almost always clear it) The metal braided flexible hose that connected the fuel line to the fuel pump was perished inside and sucking air. Didn't notice before. Also the flexible hose at the rear end that I replaced around a year ago I guess had shrink slightly and had worked itself a little loose and was leaking (so could also suck air)

Originally I was concerned that the fuel line was blocked somehow and I was going to replace the copper line with a straight run of clear reinforced hose, but to start with I am just going to see how things go with this setup:

Shock horror to the purists, I have done away with the braided hose with the Banjo union completely and just connected direct. Surely I'm not the only one to have ever done that bodge??!!

So she's running fine again now, but the ignition system yet to be overhauled. New points, coil, condensor, rotor arm, dizzy cap arrived from the owners club, so bit by bit....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, all will be moderated and spam will be deleted.